Mary Brown’s Inc. (“Sponsor”)
[Get Appy!] (the “Contest”)
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of [British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories] (the “Participating Provinces”)
No Purchase Necessary. These Official Rules and Regulations (“Rules”) govern the Contest.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest runs from 9:00am EST on Monday, January 4th, 2021 and ends at 11:59pm EST on Sunday, March 21st, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and to be eligible to win a Prize you must be a legal resident a Participating Province who is at least the age of majority in their Province of residence at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are, reside with (whether or not related), or are an immediate family member of, an employee, director, officer, or retiree of the Sponsor its respective parent, related affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials. For the purpose of these Rules, “immediate family member” means spouse, parent, child, or sibling.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Place an order using the Mary Brown’s app available here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smoothpay.MaryBrowns or https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/mary-browns-chicken/id1471545209
4. The Contest Period is divided into ten (10) weekly giveaway periods (each a “Prize Period”). Every order is an entry into the weekly draw (the “Entry”). At the end of each weekly Prize Period, there will be a draw for the applicable Prize. The Prize Period winner selection process is listed below. Entries received from the start of the Contest Period to the end of each weekly Prize Period will be entered into the applicable weekly Prize Period draw. All Entries received during the Contest Period will be entered into the draw for the Grand Prize.
No Purchase Necessary: To enter without purchase, go to https://marybrowns.com/getappy/no-purchase/ and complete the form, and a response to the phrase “The main reason I don’t use the Mary Brown’s App is…” No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a prize.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on number of entries received prior to each weekly Prize Period and during the Contest Period.
6. PRIZE: There are 11 prizes available to be won. The prizes consist of 10 weekly prizes a) Five – $100 Mary Brown’s gift cards (each one referred to as a “Gift Card Prize”) ; b) Five -10,000 Mary Brown’s App loyalty points (each one referred to as a “Loyalty Points Prize”); and c) One – ‘Mary Brown’s for a year’ Prize Pack consisting of One $200 gift card per month for 12 months (referred to as the “Mary Brown’s For a Year Prize” or “Grand Prize”) (collectively, the “Prizes”).None of the Prizes are redeemable for cash and must be accepted as described. The Prizes are collectively valued at approximately $11,740.00, where each Gift Card Prize is valued at $100.00, each Loyalty Points Prize is valued at $834.00 and the Mary Brown’s For a Year Prize is valued at $2,400.00. Each Prize will be added to the winner’s Mary Brown’s App account. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part for a prize of equivalent retail value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
7. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) Entry will be selected weekly by random draw from among all weekly Entries received from the Contest start of the Contest Period to the end of theweekly Prize Period (a “Selected Weekly Entrant”). The weekly draw will take place at Mary Brown’s Head Office, at approximately 11:00am EST on the following dates: January 11,18, 25, February 1, 8,16, 22, March 1, 8,15, 2021 (the “Weekly Draw Date”). One (1) Entry will be selected by random draw from among all Entries received during the Contest Period (a “Selected Grand Prize Entrant”, collectively with the Selected Entrants referred to as the “Selected Entrants”). The Grand Prize draw will take place at Mary Brown’s Head Office, at approximately 11:00am EST on March 23, 2021 (the “Grand Prize Draw Date” collectively with the Weekly Draw Dates referred to as the “Draw Dates”).
8. NOTIFICATION: The Selected Entrants will be contacted by email associated with the Mary Brown’s App account that originally placed the Entry order within ten (10) business days of the applicable Draw Date (the “Notification”). The Selected Entrant must respond to the Notification within 72 hours thereof. Failure to respond to the Notification within the time stipulated will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
9. DECLARATION OF WINNERS: To be declared a Contest winner and receive a Prize, the Selected Entrant must first correctly answer a skill testing question and sign a release in the form provided by Sponsor, confirming compliance with the Rules, and accept the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing the Sponsor, Mary Brown’s Inc., Facebook OR Instagram OR Twitter OR Mary Brown’s App and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Contest or any Prize. The release form must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor or Prize may be forfeited at sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Selected Entrant (a) fails to meet the conditions set out above, (b) does not respond to the Notification within the time stipulated, (c) accept the Prize within the time stipulated or (d) does not meet Contest eligibility requirements or is not fully compliant with the Rules, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion without right of appeal, disqualify a Selected Entrant and select an alternate Selected Entrant by random draw (as set out in section 8 above) until an eligible Contest winner is declared.
10. ACCOUNT HOLDER: In the event of dispute over the identity of the potential Prize winner, an Entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the application account used to submit the Entry, and the potential Prize winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of entrants to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail address or any other contact information during the Contest Period. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s Contest server machine(s).
11. RELEASE: By submitting a completed entry form to enter the Contest, the winner releases the Sponsor and Facebook OR Instagram OR Twitter OR Mary Brown’s App from any and all liability arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest and the awarding of any prize, now or in the future. By entering this Contest, the winner consents in writing to the use of their name, city and province where they reside by Sponsor in a format approved by that winner, as well as any audio/video image, statements, and/or photographs in any related publicity and publication without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media and social media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, YouTube, Pinterest, SnapChat, Mary Brown’s App and in any publicity or advertising carried out by the Sponsor, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to post or publish any winner’s name, city, or province of residence, photograph, likeness, voice or other statements, as directed by the winner, on its website and/or on the website of Sponsor’s affiliated companies and/or on the sponsor’s website for advertising and promotional purposes, where lawful, without further compensation to the winner, worldwide and in perpetuity.
12. GENERAL: The Sponsor, Mary Brown’s Inc., shall have no liability for loss, damage or claims caused by or resulting from the Contest or acceptance of a Prize. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Entries that have been falsified, tampered with or altered are void. The Sponsor, shall not be liable for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Rules, all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible entries received. All decisions of the Sponsor in relation to the Contest are final. If any provision contained herein is determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein.
13. PRIVACY: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor or its representatives to administer the Contest. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information as set out in the Sponsor’s privacy statement, which is available at: www.marybrowns.com
14. GOVERNING LAW: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees (a) that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and federal laws applicable therein, and (b) to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Contest or these Rules.
15. FACEBOOK RELEASE: This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook OR Instagram OR Twitter OR Mary Brown’s APP. The entrant releases Facebook OR Instagram OR Twitter OR Mary Brown’s App from any liability in respect of the Contest.