Legal Coordinator – Legal
Mary’s Brown’s Chicken is a wholly owned and operated Canadian company that dates back to 1969 and has over 170 locations nationally. It is one of Canada’s fastest-growing franchises and recipient of the Canada Franchise Association’s Franchisees’ Choice Award for 10 years consecutively. Mary Brown’s was named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020.
This role will be reporting directly to our General Counsel and will be an essential member of our legal team by providing support in organizing and coordinating the execution of all legal and franchise agreements/ transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and/or proofread franchise documents including disclosure documents, franchise agreements, legal agreements, correspondence, and other supporting documents.
- Coordinate transition of franchise candidates from Franchise Development Team into legal disclosure.
- Review onboarding documentation
- Manage disclosure process and execution of documents
- Manage resale transactions
- Coordinate selling franchisees’ resale forms and satisfaction of transfer conditions
- Liaise with other departments for transfer of franchise
- Draft transfer disclosure documents, including preparation of lease summaries and franchise agreements
- Manage transfer process and execution of documents
- Tracking Franchise Agreement renewals
- Liaise with other departments for timely renewal of franchise agreement
- Draft renewal disclosure documents and franchise agreements
- Manage renewal disclosure process and execution of documents
- Coordinate execution of all legal agreements
- Responsible for maintaining filing of all correspondence and draft/signed documents in files (whether physical or electronic)
- Attend status meetings and conference calls with other departments as required
- Other duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package (with bonus, based on performance)
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package with life insurance
- Eligibility to participate in retirement savings plan
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Law Clerk/ paralegal certificate
- Specialty in franchise law
- Working knowledge of provincial franchise disclosure legislation
- High proficiency in MS Office and Adobe
- Familiarity with corporate terms and corporate transactions
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative
Apply for this Position
Interested in this position? Please fill out the details below.