General Accountant – Finance
Mary’s Brown’s Chicken is a wholly owned and operated Canadian company that dates back to 1969 and has over 170 locations nationally. It is one of Canada’s fastest-growing franchises and recipient of the Canada Franchise Association’s Franchisees’ Choice Award for 10 years consecutively. Mary Brown’s was named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2019 and 2020.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager but supports the entire finance team by organizing, planning and helping to execute key programs within Mary Brown’s head office to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Daily deposit & sales reconciliation for multi-unit network
- Bank Reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and analysis
- Inventory adjustments and review
- General ledger reconciliations, journal entries and monthly accruals
- Maintenance of the general ledger and all intercompany and clearing accounts
- Integrated Accounts Payable invoice imports & Online Bill Payments
- Monitor compliance of internal controls
- Review Employee Expense reports in Concur for compliance, import into Sage
- Manage A/P & A/R report generation and analysis
- Financial and Ad-hoc reporting analysis
- Processing month end reports and assisting Accounting Manager with period close activities
- Data Entry, filing, and other general administrative duties as required
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package (with bonus, based on performance)
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package with life insurance
- Eligibility to participate in retirement savings plan
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Law Clerk/ paralegal certificate
- Specialty in franchise law
- Working knowledge of provincial franchise disclosure legislation
- High proficiency in MS Office and Adobe
- Familiarity with corporate terms and corporate transactions
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and have the ability to take initiative
Apply for this Position
Interested in this position? Please fill out the details below.