MARY BROWN’S ATV CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
At the time of winning in the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest (the “Contest”), each Winner agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
Mary Brown’s ATV Contest is sponsored by Mary Brown’s Inc., (the “Sponsors”) and operated by the Sponsors via in store ballot entry. As an entrant in the Contest, you acknowledge that the Sponsors assume no contractual or legal responsibility to you and have specifically limited their legal obligations in its arrangements with the partners to whom it works with. The contest winner will be contacted by telephone. The Sponsors specifically reserve the right to amend, alter, withdraw or terminate the Contest (in whole or in part), any benefit, prize or these rules either with or without notice.
The Contest begins on 10:30:00 a.m. Newfoundland Standard Time (“NST”) on September 3rd, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. NST on November 17, 2019.
Mary Brown’s ATV Contesti s open to all residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, who are sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of being nominated, and is subject in all respects to the laws of Canada. Employees of the Sponsors, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest materials are excluded from eligibility.
To enter the contest, a Mary Brown’s guest must purchase a poutine or upsize their taters/fries to poutine. Upon purchase, the guest will receive a ballot to fill out and be entered into the contest draw. Each entrant must include full name and phone number.
There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded (the “Prize”) at the end of the Period of the Contest, as described below under Winner Selection. The Prize will consist of:
- • 1 x Polaris 570 ATV
There will be secondary prizing available.
All Prizes are subject to availability, may not be exchanged for cash, are non-transferable, non-refundable, may not be sold, and must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent retail value if any element of the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
After the close of the Contest at the end of the Period noted above, one winner from each retail store will be selected. These entries will be forwarded to contest administrator, Mike Mutrey for the final contest winner.
THE WINNER WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE.
TO OFFICIALLY WIN THE PRIZE, THE SELECTED PRIZE WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO CORRECTLY ANSWER A MATHEMATICAL SKILL-TESTING QUESTION, WITHOUT ASSISTANCE OR MECHANICAL OR ELECTRONIC AID.
The chances of being selected in the Prize determination depend upon the total number of entries received.
All decisions of the Sponsor are final in all matters relating to the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest
All entries become the property of the Sponsors and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected Winners.
In particular, you acknowledge as a condition of becoming a Winner:
1. Entering into the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest has no monetary value whatsoever and cannot, under any circumstances, form the basis of a monetary claim against the Sponsor
2. Mary Brown’s ATV Contest Entrants are limited to natural persons and no corporation, trust, partnership or other entity may enter
3. Prize Winner shall be responsible for any taxes, fees, levies or other charges imposed by or with the authority of any government or governmental authority in respect to any Prizes awarded.
4. The Sponsor will be the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Mary Brown’s ATV Contest shall be governed by the laws of Newfoundland and Labrador and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to their conflict of laws principles. You expressly consent to the exclusive forum, jurisdiction, and venue of the courts of Newfoundland and Labrador and/or the Federal Court of Canada in any and all actions, disputes, or controversies relating hereto.
6. No waiver by either the Sponsors or you of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. If any provisions contained herein shall be determined to be void, invalid, or otherwise enforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such termination shall not affect the remaining provisions contained herein.
7. By winning the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest, Winners consent to the use of their name, city of residence and image on videotape and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor with respect to the Contest, without further notice or compensation.
8. By winning the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest and electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, the Winner consents and agrees to the Sponsor’s collection and use of their information for the administration of Mary Brown’s ATV Contest and agree to the Sponsor’s use of Winner information for the purpose of contacting Winners in relation to the Contest. A Winner’s consent to use of their information may be withdrawn by the Winner at any time by contacting the Sponsor.
9. By winning a Prize in the Mary Brown’s ATV Contest, the Winner acknowledges compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules and Regulations, including eligibility requirements. Entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, members, dealers, advertisers, franchisees, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Nominees or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrants participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the winner of the Prize awarded.
10. The Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate nomination information which may affect a person’s ability to become a Nominee in the Contest or be awarded the Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed nominations for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and nominations which fail to fully comply with the Contest Rules and Regulations. No responsibility will be taken by the Sponsor for lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected nominations.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest without notice should any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Nominee information is subject to verification and a nomination will be declared invalid if the information provided is forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
13. Mary Brown’s ATV Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
14. At the time of being declared a Winner in the Contest, the Winner will be asked to sign a Waiver agreeing to comply fully with the Rules and Regulations declared above.