Football season and hockey season are upon us – not to mention fun evenings spent watching a movie with friends and family. It’s SNACK time and Mary’s got you covered.
Yes, of course, Mary Brown’s delicious Made Fresh from Scratch Chicken is the “starting line-up” for this recipe. Buy extra the next time you’re bringing home a Feast and try to keep some aside (WARNING: Due to the crave-ability of Mary Brown’s Chicken, this may prove impossible!) for this treat.
Mary Brown’s Homestyle Chicken Nachos
- ¾ pound Mary Brown’s Chicken*
*Use as much as you like. ¾ pound is about 2 breasts on average, but any cut of Signature Chicken, Chicken Pop-Ins, Tenders, etc. are all perfect!
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. jalapeños
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425º and line a large baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes. Drain any leftover oil.
3. Add Mary Brown’s Chicken, black beans and water to skillet and stir until combined. Set mixture aside.
4. Line the foil on baking sheet with half the tortilla chips and top with half the Chicken & bean mixture, half the cheese and half the jalapeños. Repeat another layer.
5. Bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
6. Scatter tomato and green onion on top.
7. Drizzle with sour cream.
8. Drizzle hot sauce (optional).
Recipe submitted by Angela Windsor, Brand Manager